Recently I was delivering a report on software documentation to my groupmates at the university, who are also employed in IT industry, about the latest trends in our professional area.
The report proved to be interesting. So I decided to extend it by adding some more information, which will be useful for beginners getting started in technical writing.
The presentation contains:
- What kinds of technical documentation exist
- What are documentation standards
- Code documentation tools roadmap
- Documentation techniques and tools overview
- Doc styling approaches
- Some useful recommendations of hep writing
… and so on
The presentation peculiarities:
- It was prepared for russian audiency, so it has some local-specific information. However, you are free to skip reading it and you will not miss any useful info all the same.
- The presentation contains two slides describing case studies I was delivering during the report. Do not pay attention to them 🙂
The presentation is available here Introduction to Software Documentation.pdf